The stock market continues to remain volatile amidst growing concern around impending interest rate increases and is certainly causing a great deal of angst amongst investors. The comfort with chosen stock-picks sleep factor rationale, is currently being tested to its limits. For those seeking long term investment options and the ability to sleep comfortably with investment choices made need look no further than this article. Vincent Chan, entrepreneur, investor and Finance YouTuber reveals his top 5 long-term investments – investments for life as he fondly calls them – which permits investors who see the intrinsic value in these funds and are willing to purchase and put them aside for 15-20 years to reap the financial benefits from these investments. Vincent’s main purpose is to make finance easy and to assist investors on the road to financial freedom via his YouTube educational content relating to the stock market and crypto space.
Before we get to Vincent’s actionable investment ideas please be aware that he is not a financial advisor and the information that he provides is for educational purposes only. He strongly encourages investors to always complete their own due diligence before purchasing or selling any type of stock or crypto.
Vincent states his top 5 investment for life portfolio consists of EFT’s. An EFT is an exchange traded fund that is basically a basket of stocks that typically tracks a particular index and offers broad diversification to reduce risk often associated with single stock purchases.
Here are Vincent’s Top 5 Long-Term EFT Investments in no particular order:
- Vanguard Information Technology (VGT) – Vincent believes that technology will continue to drive the growth of the entire US stock market. This ETF has outperformed the S&P 500, has 50 Billion in assets and a low 0.10% expense ratio. An investor with $1,000 in this fund would pay only $1 in yearly expenses
- Ark Genomic Revolution (ARKG) – Genome market, gene editing. People are living longer and will spend funds on their health Vincent states. He definitely views this fund as a long-term investment because of the risk involved. Has outperformed the S&P 500 and its peer funds. Expense ratio is quite high, at 0.75%
- Vanguard Total International (VXUS) – Global stock, with Europe, Emerging Markets and Pacific making up 92%. This fund is currently not outperforming the S&P 500, but Vincent sees a lot of room for GDP growth in these countries. Expense ratio is 0.08%
- Vanguard Total Bond Market (BND) – Aggregated Bond Fund. This fund has been added as a stabilizer for long -term investing as bonds are less volatile and inversely related to the stock market. Expense ratio is 0.035%
- Vanguard Total Stock Market (VTI) – This fund has 80% of S&P 500 Stocks plus the added bonus of 20% Small Caps. This fund has over 3,000 stocks. This fund has outperformed the S&P 500. Expense ratio is 0.03%
For a more detailed explanation on Vincent’s Top 5 long-term stock picks, you can view his YouTube video below: