Nationally-renowned family law attorney Daryl G. Weinman advises that a prenuptial agreement can be created to accomplish many things. She understands the legal and practical considerations that affect these agreements, and how to craft agreements that withstand the test of time. Divorce
She herself, recently got engaged!
To create a prenuptial agreement that holds up in court, it is important that your future spouse has sufficient time to review it. To be valid, there must be full and fair disclosure of assets, and both parties must enter into the agreement of their own free will. Prenuptial agreements can be powerful tools, provided they are carefully crafted. In order to be effective, the language must be clear, and nothing can be overlooked.
10 Important Reasons to Get a Prenup Agreement
- Protect your legacy for your children from a prior relationship.
- Protect your assets for your retirement.
- Protect your business and all that you’ve built and will continue to build.
- Protect yourself from someone else’s pre-relationship debt, shopping binges, or expensive taste in cars.
- Re-write Texas property laws to apply to your unique situation.
- A prenuptial agreement does not diminish the nature of your love for your partner. It can actually strengthen your marriage when done properly because it prevents marital strife down the line. When discussing the idea of a prenuptial agreement, remember that marriage is a contract and that a prenuptial agreement is simply a way to enhance this union.
- Divorce is a potential reality for any marriage.
- Ensure that child support obligation will not become an obligation of the new spouse.
- Prenup protects your assets in death too, to ensure that your assets go where you want them to.
- When marrying a non-citizen, protect your assets from unintended international and cultural consequences.
Divorce Resort® is a revolutionary concept of divorce mediation that gives you complete control over your divorce. Your stay at a resort is scheduled so that you can step away from daily life and focus only on your divorce. After three days of negotiation and mediation, all of your issues are finalized. And, best of all, the brilliant Austin, Texas-based Daryl G. Weinman can work with clients from all over the country, not just her own.
This is achieved by following a very simple, yet effective process.
1. Information Collection
All information about your divorce is gathered from you and your spouse separately before the resort weekend is scheduled.
2. Book Three-Day Stay at A Resort
Once all information is received, Weinman Family Law will book a three-day weekend at a resort for you and your partner, where you will be able to focus completely on your divorce away from outside influences.
For the first 48 hours of the Divorce Resort® Process, you and your spouse will each work with a mediator separately in an attempt to reach an agreement on all issues. Your mediator will assist you in the reconciliation of your disputes and the settlement of those disputes in creative ways.
Your mediator will not act as a judge, an arbitrator, a counselor or an advisor and will not render a decision on the issues in dispute. All agreements made by the parties during the mediation process shall be reduced to writing by the attorney. The result will be a binding and irrevocable mediated settlement agreement to be presented to the parties during the weekend. Divorce
The mediation process is taken very seriously by the courts. All information received by the mediator during the process shall remain confidential from all other persons with very few exceptions. During the mediation process, the primary responsibility for the resolution of a dispute rests with the parties. Divorce
If a resolution has not been reached after 48 hours on all issues, your mediator will then become your arbitrator. Your arbitrator will listen to the arguments of both you and your spouse with regard to unresolved issues. When all arguments have been exhausted and all evidence has been reviewed, your arbitrator will make a binding arbitration award regarding those issues and shall submit such award to both you and your spouse in writing by the middle of the third day.
Such arbitration shall be binding. This ensures that parties will achieve the goal of having all divorce issues resolved by the end of the 72-hour period.
5. Receipt of Mediated Settlement Agreement and/or Binding Arbitration Award
By the end of the weekend, you and your ex-spouse will receive their mediated settlement agreement and/or binding arbitration award. The documents will contain binding and irrevocable resolutions of all of the issues either party brought to the table.
6. Final Decree of Divorce
After the weekend, the attorney will coordinate with one or both parties, the relevant court, and any local counsel (if applicable) to enter the final decree of divorce with the relevant court as soon as reasonably possible.
What You Need To Know About Divorce Resort®
Part of what makes this process so effective is compliance with the Divorce Resort® guidelines. Such guidelines include:
- The three-day weekend is only for you and your ex-spouse. No third parties or children are allowed.
- Both sides agree to full disclosure of necessary information ahead of time.
- Both sides agree to work toward an amicable resolution and to act in good faith.
- Time outs may be called by the attorney present when emotions are running high, allowing you to regroup and clear your head.
- You and your ex-spouse will spend the weekend in your own separate suites.
With Divorce Resort®, you can be confident that your divorce will be completely finalized in just 72 hours, leaving you with the freedom and the closure to move on with your life.
Divorce Resort®, pioneered by family lawyer Daryl G. Weinman of Weinman & Associates, is a revolutionary approach to a difficult process. Visit http://divorceresort.net/divorce-resort-faqs/
Benefits Of Divorce Resort®
All information about your divorce is gathered before your three-day weekend is scheduled.
- You have the opportunity to focus on your divorce in a calm, relaxed, and very private setting, away from daily life
- You never have to work with your ex-spouse in the same room
- Contentious court battles are completely eliminated
- You save time, money, and hassle
- You lower the financial and emotional cost of a long, drawn-out divorce
- There is no threat of litigation, public mud-slinging, or intrusive and invasive investigations by your ex-spouse
But what if you could be sure that your divorce would be over in just three days? And that it would only cost you a flat fee? What if it could be completely customized to your unique family and done in a very private and confidential manner?
Welcome to the Divorce Resort process!
What Is The Divorce Resort Process?
It’s that simple.
The Divorce Resort® Process Is Different, And It Works
Instead of spending months dealing with overwhelming paperwork, spending thousands on lawyer retainer fees and going to court over and over again, your entire divorce will be settled in 72 hours.
By the end of the weekend, your divorce issues are settled and binding documents are ready to be filed with the court.
You Can Take Control of Your Life and Your Future
Divorce Resort®, pioneered by family lawyer Daryl Weinman of Weinman & Associates, is a revolutionary approach to a difficult process, available to clients nationwide. For information, contact family law attorney Daryl Weinman at 512-472-4040.
From Romantic, Just-Engaged, Distinguished Family Law Attorney Daryl G. Weinman