There are 582 million entrepreneurs on Earth. With that kind of competition, savvy entrepreneurs are always looking for ways to make their businesses (and themselves) better!
My name is Hilary DeCesare — International Business Coach, Transformational Expert, and Founder/CEO of The ReLaunch Co. I’ve been blessed to be featured on ABC’s “Secret Millionaire,” as well as a coach some of the world’s brightest (and savviest) women entrepreneurs! Here are three ways I’ve been advising my clients to boost their businesses in 2023:
1) Curate Your Business’s Core: Personal trainers will tell you the importance of having strong core muscles, as they allow your body to function at its best. Now that I’m your business coach, I’ll tell you that the core of your business is similarly essential to its success! Therefore, you want to start strengthening, clarifying, and curating your business’s core to make it more focused, effective, and profitable. Here are two ways to do so:
- Optimize Your Time: It’s not about working harder, it’s about working smarter! Here’s a fail-safe formula for cleaning up your calendar and determining which activities will move the needle in your business: To increase revenue, aka output, you need to focus on input activities such as Lead Generation, Marketing, and Sales. For everything on your calendar, use the Four-Part Organization Engine: Can I delegate it? Can I outsource it? Can I automate it? Can I delete it?
- Establish a Repeatable Revenue Strategy: Now that we’re focusing on the three key input activities, use these tips to help establish a repeatable revenue strategy that will kick your business into high gear:
- Lead Generation: Using videos and testimonials on your sales page provides tremendous value. 96% of consumers report that video impacts their decision to buy, and consumers that interact with testimonials are 58% more likely to buy.
- Marketing: Find your differentiator (what I call your “Unique Selling Proposition”) to make your business stand out. And once you find it, repeat it! People need to experience seven touchpoints with the same message for it to resonate.
- Sales: Create rapport by implementing mirroring, pacing, and leading with your prospects. Also, connect deeply to your buyers through the use of storytelling — this creates a deeper level of emotional connection and a strong desire to buy.
2) Build Intergenerational Bridges: There are five different generations alive today (The Silent Generation, Baby Boomers, Generation X, Millennials, and Gen Z), so learning to bridge the communication gap between them and with them can help unify teams and close deals! Here are three proven strategies that will strengthen employee productivity and increase company profitability:
- Allow for faster transfer of tribal knowledge and new industry advancements. This helps take advantage of every opportunity, prevents money from being left on the table, and instills a new sense of purpose and responsibility in your talent. Improved effectiveness with communication allows for the opportunity to better document benchmarks and processes over a longer span of time, allowing your company to make more informed decisions and easily identify best practices.
- Create a deeper connection in your relationships by fast-tracking the know, like, and trust factors. People are 77% more likely to do business with individuals they feel they know, like, and trust. Many people interpret this concept as an urge to share more about themselves — in reality, people are looking for people who share the same values they do and speak in the way that they speak. When people are surrounded by individuals they feel are “like them”, it reduces hesitation and skepticism and increases comfort.
- Establish influence in potential buyers by connecting emotionally instead of logically. Research reveals that 85% of the decision-making process is emotional, and 15% is logical. People will make an emotional decision first and back up their decision by trying to find logical justification, yet many sales professionals use logic when trying to close a deal. The use of a story allows your potential buyer to FEEL differently and have the desire to buy.
3) Uplevel Your CEO Energy: Your CEO energy will directly impact motivation, morale, productivity, and the success of your business! Here are two tips to help you become the CEO both you and your business deserve:
Commit to BE the CEO Your Dreams Require: The world teaches us that when we have the business results we want, then we’ll act differently and, as a result, uplevel our identity to “High-Achieving CEO” — they taught us the right things but in the wrong sequence! Instead, follow the “Be, Do, Have” principle, a scientifically-proven hack that will help expedite your dream results:
- The “Be, Do, Have” principle is simple — if you want to HAVE six-pack abs, for example, you need to DO some things differently (go to the gym, watch your diet). To do those things, you’ll need to BE someone different (someone who wakes up early to fit the gym in, someone who meal preps).
- Most entrepreneurs rarely treat their businesses this way. They spend their days hoping for different results but not making any adjustments… namely, adjustments to BE the CEO your business dreams require.
- Ask yourself: If you want to hit 100K in sales this year, what do you need to DO differently? What actions do you need to take? And, to do those things, who do you need to BE in order to accomplish those actions? Once you commit to the “Be, Do, Have” principle, you’ll be well on your way to achieving those dream business results!
The 2-Minute “Tune In”: Every entrepreneur gets stuck from time to time, so it’s important to remember what Einstein said: “No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it!’” Here’s a quick way to help get you unstuck:
- Ask yourself: What is not working for you right now? What is your biggest challenge, or what is your intention for something you are doing in your life?
- It’s time to Change the Channel. Take a few deep, calming breaths. Then, Tune In to a song that fires you up, one that literally elevates you when you hear it and allows you to change your state via “Changing the Channel.” Hear the music inside your head and let it flow through your body. This is tapping into your own energy state! When you hear that music inside you, you are accessing your higher self and elevating your vibrational energy level. This is the level where like attracts like, and possibilities happen!
- Now turn up the volume of your song and experience it. Let it spark you to shift your focus to what you really want regarding the challenge from Step One. Move through visualizing it; capture the emotions; allow your heart to feel the excitement of having it and knowing it’s already yours.
- Continue to Tune In, hear your song, and leverage the energy that you have been creating. Then, ask yourself what you can do right now as a first step to create momentum towards that goal. Don’t wait to react; this is the time to act!
Boost Your Business with These 5 Essential Customer Service Tips – Zishawn Qureshi(Opens in a new browser tab)
About Hilary: Hilary DeCesare is an International Business Coach, Transformational Expert, Founder/CEO of The ReLaunch Co, and Reality Show “Secret Millionaire” who helps women turn typical life transitions into transformation. DeCesare’s new book, “RELAUNCH! Spark Your Heart to Ignite Your Life” details her proprietary 3HQ™ method so women combine their head, heart, and higher self to create new brain patterns that shed limiting beliefs. Visit: TheReLaunchCo.com.